Employee Self Service (ESS)
Greetings from Ziac Software!
Employee Self Service (ESS) is a web enabled application that provides employees to access their personal records and payroll info related to them. ESS features include employees to view and update their profile such as contact details, nominee info, banking info with secured login.
ESS decreases work load of Administration and Human Resources like replying to individual employee’s queries about their leave balances, status of leave requests, Payslip copies, history of loan payments, Income Tax calculation etc. Some of the salient features of ESS are,Employee Profile
The logged in employee can view or update their profile with contact details, contact numbers, In Case of Emergency (ICE), Father’s Name, Height, Date of Birth (DOB), Blood Group etc. The employees can update their contact number, address, savings bank account, passport details, etc. The employees can change their Login Passwords.
The System Administrator of the Software can assign access rights to the Employee to modify certain personal information such as the Employee contact address, contact numbers, In Case of Emergency (ICE), etc. The Employee DOB, Blood Group will be disabled for modification as modifications for this requires permission from the Human Resources Department.Leave Balances – View Only
The logged in employee will have an option to view their current leave balances. The employee can also view reports of the leaves availed for a particular date range.Leave Request
The logged in employee can apply for leave from their desktop. The leave applied will be automatically forwarded to the recommending / approving authority (which is defined in the Leave approval flow).
The recommending / approving authority will have rights to approve or reject the leave application. The employee will be posted with an email on approval or rejection of the leave applied.Pay Slips
The logged in employee will have access to view their pay slips generated till date. The employee needs to select the month and year of the pay slip to be viewed or printed. Apart from the basic pay slip, multiple formats of the pay slip are available, like YTD (Year Till Date) etc. The pay slips do have the logo of the organisation and are customized as per the customer requirementsPF Accumulations
The logged in employee will have access to view their PF accumulations done till date, the balances will show after deductions of Provident Fund Advance.Self-Declarations
The employees can declare their savings, rent paid, other income / deductions to calculate their Income Tax for the current year. This eliminates re-entry of declarations and avoids typographical errors. The self-declaration can be locked such that the declarations done cannot be altered while finalizing the annual income tax calculation. The HR Manager has the option to overwrite the entries done.
The self-declaration records the following,
- Rent paid for the current financial year.
- Savings Done – The user can select the savings schemes available and key in total savings done in that particular scheme
- Ex: National Saving Certificates, Insurance Policies, Infrastructure Bonds, PPF, Mutual Funds etc
- Other Income – The user can select the Other Income availed and feed the Taxable Amount and Tax Deducted at Source (TDS). Ex: National Saving Certificates, Insurance Policies, Infrastructure Bonds, PPF, Mutual Funds etc
- Other Income – The user can select the Other Income availed and feed the Taxable Amount and Tax Deducted at Source (TDS). Ex: Interest Earned, Award Incentive, Housing Loan Interest, Leave Encashment outside pay slip, Performance Bonus paid outside the Pay slip, Bonus Paid outside the Pay Slip etc
- Other Deductions – The user can select the Other deductions availed and feed the amount availed. Ex: Higher Educations, Medical Insurance, Donations, Physical Disability, Loss on House Property, etc
The logged in employee can generate their Income Tax calculation report for the current year. The Income Tax will be calculated based on their current salary, income tax slabs and savings, rent paid, other income / deductions declared by the employee. This helps the employee to better manage out his savings to reduce the income tax deductions.
ESS also covers the following options,
- Loans Management
- Loan Balances
- Loan Requests & Approvals
- Loan Details
- Defining Loan Approval flow
- Bonus Slips
- Creating user defined Appraisal Templates
- Defining Appraising Flow
- Appraisal process, based on rating scale of numerous competencies
- Approve/Reject Appraisal
- CTC Details
- Previous Salary Structure
- Revised Salary Structures
Employee Self Service (ESS) will be one of the major contributors to paperless office. ESS speeds up processes of Human Resources and improves to focus more on their strategies and planning.
1. What can you catch but not throw?
2. The maker doesn't need it, the owner doesn't want it, the user doesn't know he's using it what is it?
Answers to Previous Brain Teaser
1. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven’t got me. What am I? Ans.: Secret
2. Take off my skin – I won’t cry, but you will! What am I? Ans.: Onion
We are Hiring!
We are hiring freshers and experienced candidates for the following posts
- Android Programmers
- Dot Net Programmers with 2+ years experience
- Support Staff (On Field)
- Office Assistant
find the difference!
find seven differences between the two pictures within 60 seconds!
Thought for the month